Medical Questions > Womens Health > Endometriosis Forum

PCOD,Tuberculosis detected by PCR but skin test & CBC negati

I am 27 years old and Married.My problem started with irregular periods.I visited doctor for the same.She asked me for ultrasound and few blood tests.Ultrasound report says PCOD issue.Blood reports were all normal except Progesterone level.Then she asked me to have few tests on Day 2 of my periods.They were LHS,FSH,E2 and TB-PCR.LHS came 12.2,FSH came 6.11 and E2 came 76.83.TB-PCR came positive.Then the doctor wrote tests like Mantoux and Quanteferin Gold LTB.These tests came negative which gave me a respite.Should I take treatment of TB or not?Should I take treatment of only PCOD.I want to conceive as soon as possible.Please help.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 24th, 2012
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If all other reports have been normal, you should consider getting started on treatment for PCOD and go ahead with pregnancy plans. If worried, go ahead with taking second opinion from another gynecologist, or repeat the TB-PCR test. If you are trying for pregnancy, consider monitoring cervical mucus changes and the BBT (basal body temperature) charting and cervix position to predict your ovulation (along with the follicular study if required) and time your intercourse for having fruitful results. Have intercourse in positions that allow for deeper penetration for high deposit of semen. Have diet with foods rich in zinc content to ensure better maturation of egg and sperms. Take adequate rest. Drink plenty of water. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is endometriosis and where does it occur on a woman's body? We outline the basics of endometriosis here, a condition that can affect millions of women....
Endometriosis can cause infertility...but what are the reasons that a woman might experience this condition? And what puts you at higher risk for developing it?...
Early symptoms of endometriosis can seem normal. But when should you ask your doctor for help? We outline the problem signs and symptoms here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Endometriosis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.