Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acne and Skin Disorders Forum

Patchy hair loss on scalp caused by Minoxidil

User Profile
Firstly, I would like to thank the doctors and other folks for helping my concerns prior.

I have another dermatology concern. I have no good fortunes. Life is telling me to accept and I refuse because I cannot believe I can have so many self-conscious issues with my scalp and forehead.

My avatar (or in my profile) is a picture of the back of my head. Apparently I cannot post links or images, so that's the best I can do.

I believe this was caused by: Walgreen's Minoxidil Hair Regrowth Treatment For Men.

This, and with the discoloration on my forehead from skin whitening and it turned into post inflammatory hyp-pigmentation, seems life is making me not sociable. I refuse to take off my hat only if needed. Now I have to wear dermablend.

I have missed two job interviews due to feeling self conscious. I scheduled an appointment with a hair transplant representative for an option I cannot afford now, but it may be my only hope. No medication has worked.

Maybe someone here can help. Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 5th, 2010
Anyone yet? Any doctor perhaps?
|

User Profile
replied November 7th, 2010
After further research, the ingredient propylene glycol could have caused my new skin condition. If this possible and if so, what treatments do I have?

Thank you
|

User Profile
replied March 9th, 2011
Experienced User
Here we go!

1) rub black seed oil on your scalp. this will stimulate the hair follicles to grow. leave on overnight and wash your head in the morning.

2) mix a paste of baking soda and water. use this mixture to wash your scalp. stop using commercial shampoos

3) massage a mixture of castor oil and sublimed sulfur on your scalp at least 3x per week.

4) eat lots of garlic, fruits and green veggies.

5) take vitamin E and black seed oil internally. this will promote hair growth.
nurse

good luck!
|
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....