Medical Questions > Cancer > Leukemia Forum

patches that look like bleeding under the skin

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
hi there my partner has had very low white blood cells for the last 8-9 months and all the doc says is to retest next month. He has lost a stone in a year without trying (in fact the opposite). He is constantly fatigued and just flakes out and cannot even lift his arms and legs. He gets swollen lumps under his armpits - and a recurring lump in his chin that comes back after being removed. He is often ill and lethargic. Struggles with his breath even to walk 200 yards to our local shop. He has red patches that look like bleeding under the skin on his back. What could this be and should we push our doctor for a second opinion rather than just wait continually until next month??
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 17th, 2017
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Leucopenia with lymphadenopathy need work up and bone marrow biopsy with peripheral smear to have a look at it. Consult a hematologist and let them proceed.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Leukemia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.