I have a small patch of tiny clear blisters in between two of my toes. It has not spread, but is very itchy, painful and red. I have tried cortizone and a salt bath, but it has not shown any improvements. I haven't changed what I eat or gone out barefoot recently, so I don't believe it was an allergic reaction. Any general treatment I can try would be much appreciated. I do not have the best insurance, so I would like to avoid a costly doctor visit as long as I can. I know nothing is guaranteed to work, but any suggestions would be very helpful.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 4th, 2010
Hi, and thanks for your medical question on eHealth forum!

Blister with itch between two toes can be scabies. There are many OTC anti scabies lotion available. You can try those. Other than that it could be fungal infection. This would require local application of antifungals. It is very difficult to diagnose on net. You can try these two treatments. Wear open foot wear. If this does not help, you will have to consult a doctor. Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Foot Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.