Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Passing out, foggy, migraines, memory loss

I am a 23-year-old female, and I need help finding the cause or possible ways to stop passing out like I do. To better explain what I mean by passing out, it is like the volume turns down on everything, the world gets fuzzy and then I start seeing splotches of black until it completely takes over and I wake up however long after and recuperate. It happens at random. I can feel it coming, though, it's like hitting reboot on a computer you know it's happening.
First off to give you some medical history, I have a prolactinoma, extremely low blood flow to my brain (a neurologist once said it was like looking at the brain of an eighty-year-old), I have a vitamin D and E deficiency for which I take supplements I have asthma for which I have an inhaler. And I have dealt with passing out at random from the time I turned eighteen.
Recently it has plagued me more frequently, twice just this week I have passed out and at least ten times since the start of the year. It will happen in public, at home, in the shower. And I get hurt in the process. Bruises, scrapes, cuts.
More recently it feels like there is a fog or veil over me weighing me down.

I also should note that I have migraines and headaches often. And have experienced a ramp up in memory loss, I forget things so easily, and have to re-learn them. I have dealt with this by only taking pain medication when it is absolutely unbearable anymore and writing reminders everywhere.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 5th, 2018
Hi, and thanks for your query on eHealth forum!

First and foremost the VitD and E deficiency should be re-assessed and the reason for low blood flow to brain-prolactinoma cannot be the cause for this low blood flow. If the blood flow to brain is low, then it is natural to have passing out episodes. Severe anemia, very high and very low BP and hypoglycemia can be other causes. Please consult your healthcare provider for further guidance.

This reply to your query is just for education and counseling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit and treatment by a doctor who can examine you. Hope this helped you in making an informed decision about your health. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Headache and Migraines , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.