can i give my opartner a UTI? And what does he need to do to cure it. The other day we had intercourse and during it hurt me and I felt it in my uterus and was itching after. He told me the day after he felt like cutting his penis off because it was itching so bad. Please can someone help me. I also had in a IUD for birth control.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 5th, 2010
Community Volunteer
If you wash the fluids off your body and pee after sex, chances are that you will be OK...This way the urethra is kept clean and any germs do not work their way to your bladder...These would also be the safeguards for your boyfriend...If he contacted a UTI, he would have to see a doctor for medication...Hope this helps...Take care...

Caroline
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Hi adriana1222,

Stop having sex our use a condom if you must. Yes you can pass on a UTI to another. Go to your local pharmacy and purchase some UTI medicine, if you aren't sure which one ask the pharmacist what he/she reccommends. If when you use it and you still have the UTI or if it continues to return, go to your doctor and get a stronger antibotic.

Good Luck,

Faded Rose
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
You are wise in using the IUD for birth control... If this continues, he should probably see a Urologist who can run some cultures of serum around the head of the penis and especially within the foreskin...Several things could be happening.... First, he may not have removed all the soap and/or detergents after washing....He may not have dried his penis sufficiently after bathing... If he has burning in the urethra after having sexual intercourse, it is also possible that he may have an infection of the prostate...All of these are question marks, but food for thought...Good luck and take care...

Caroline
|

Experienced User
It doesn't sound like a UTI. It sounds more like irritation IE: chaffing or at most a yeast infection. Both of you wash and dry thoroughly, drink some cranberry juice and eat some yogurt. The washing is a given, the cranberry juice will help flush your kidneys, bladder and urethra and the yogurt will help with a yeast infection. If the problem persists, have him go to the doctor.
|
Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....