A couple weeks ago, I felt a Kidney Stone pain. I have had stones before, so I did the normal things that have worked in the past for me. (standing on my head, jumping jacks). Eventually, the stone pain in my back passed. Yesterday, I passed 6 stones and today I still feel that I haven't passed them all. I have pain in my groin area and when I void, it feels like a stone is still moving around. I have drank, 2 quarts of cranberry juice this morning and pain is still there. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 29th, 2010
Experienced User
Have you seen a Urologist yet? Sometimes after passing stones, some pain will be there from the trauma but it should not be as severe. I would have a Urologist order a KUB xray to see where they are. You could have an obstruction. Depending on the size, they will be need to be removed. Obstructions can be fatal. As far as pain, I have my Dr. prescribe me toradol to keep on hand. Its a very strong inflammation med for severe pain and should not be used with other nsaids or for more than 5 days and should not be used for people who have ulcers or gastric issues. Toradol has saved me some trips to the ER. Also try mixing Lemon juice with a tablespoon of olive oil, this coats the stone and makes it easier to slide on down. Do you know what kind of stones you have?
|

replied January 31st, 2010
Working on stone 3
Hey. Latest post Ive seen to date. Working on possibly my 3rd stone. First, 12/2005, right-side, extracted easily. Second, 01/2009, right side, extracted again thru penis PAINFULLY and bled for 3-wks. Had first real symptom of kidney stones with 2 attacks last week; first 2 stones were asymptomatic with only blood in urine like Coke Cola. Current CT's + KUB show only a 4mm in left lower lobe which has been there and unchanged for more than yr. IN ALL CASES, I did it to myself with O-D'ing with calcium supps. First stone's lypo failed by great extraction of 8mm all in one piece with zero down time. Good Luck! Im actually very scared this time as no stone appears on any CT/KUB scans.
|
Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...