My partner has HSV2. We have been dating a few months and recently started a sexual relationship. He said he hadn't had an outbreak in a very long time. I know the virus can shed without lesions though.

I think I may be unlucky as we have only had sex a few times. I got a very bad yeast infection over three weeks ago (a few days after sex, plus I go to the gym a lot). I was checking for bumps and couldn't see any. I used Canesten 6 day cream and it seemed to improve a lot but I think it has come back! Now when I check inside my vagina I can see 2 bumps at the entrance, however they don't look like blisters. The white-yeast like discharge is back. It's very uncomfortable to wear underwear. I don't have bumps anywhere else. There is redness and tenderness inside my vagina though.

Does this sound like Herpes?
I am just waiting to get in with a sexual health clinic.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 11th, 2017
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. It may be herpes or local bumps like papillamatosis, ingrown hair, nabothian cysts. Needs supportive care and work up. Good coital habits and hygiene advised.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexually Transmitted Diseases , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.