Hey guys, i am a 20 year old male,smoker and suffering from hypochondria.
Recently,i had been thinking i have throat cancer as there 5-6 times,i coughed out spots of blood,probably the size of pinhead in my cough ( nothing more ).

3 weeks back,i saw that my phlegm had pink/red thread like particles in it.Went to my doc and he said it could be bleeding from the throat.He did an ESR blood test and a Full Blood Count Test and my ESR was 2 and my Blood Count was described as 'excellent'. The particles stopped few days later.

Now its back again.It is really scary.How do i know if it is blood or is it simply from my blanket that is made up of similar looking red/pink threads? Its really scary.

Final thing,people with throat cancer-is their cough chronic and even get up to cough at night?

Thank you so much.

PS- I had an chest xray done in sepetember
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 7th, 2013
Dude I have exact same problem... It's my 1st day.. And I know how u would have felt..!!
Dude how r you now..?
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....