Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Brain and Head Injuries Forum

Part of head hurts like a bruise when pressed down

Okay so basically about probably like a year ago, I got hit the head a couple times by a gun(situations a long story and I was a innocent bystander) but anyways was bleeding quite a bit but after hours of sitting down I finally went to the hospital and it ended up only being a cut. So I got a couple stitches and that was that. So I’m wondering, basically now I’ve been noticing and in that same spot I can feel the scar but next to it is like a sharp little pain I feel whenever I press down on my head in that spot. To be more in depth, when I shower it doesn’t bother me, when I touch my head with my whole hand i don’t feel anything, like I can go through my normal day and I won’t notice it at all. it’s only when I press down a little hard on that particular part that it hurts like a bruise. Not too bad of a pain to where I can’t stand it or anything just hurts like a normal bruise. I also tried rubbing my head against the wall(my bed is against the wall) on that spot and it didn’t seem to hurt. Only when i press down on it a little hard with my fingers. What could be the cause of this? Is this a bad thing? Or is it just old tissue damage or something? I’m just scared it could be more damage or something serious inside.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 12th, 2019
I also don’t get headaches or anything like that
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....