I was prescribed these for depression and they resulted in me attempting suicide along with terrible hallucenations, severe stomach cramps and sweating, inability to leave the house or answer the phone or interact with anyone.Could not work and now 5 months later my marriage is in tatters I have no job and am trying to pull my life back together.SSRI's should not be prescribed for any reason - they are just way too unpredictable and dangerous.Glaxo are making a fortune but at what cost? Has anyone else had a similar nightmare on these SSRI's (Citalopram sent me manic and withdrawal turned me into a zombie.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 11th, 2009
:(
I'm sorry to hear that you had such a bad reaction to paxil. I had/have some bad lingering side effects. But Paxil was pretty much a life saving drug for me. I don't know how I coped day to day with my anxiety before paxil. I defintily could not go back to how i felt before.

I have heard of many horror storys with this drug. I just want to say that although I'm grateful for it.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....