Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Parietal hernias and fetal harm

User Profile
I have had a very small Inguinal Hernia on my right side for about a year, I finally asked my physician to examine it and give me his opinion – He did and said it was in his opinion a reducible hernia; - He also would refer me to a surgeon for a further exam to be sure. I than went to the surgeon and he also said it was a reducible hernia but he was very quick to suggest patching it up. I had told him that I was doing some research on recalled mesh patches and with an immediate sarcastic voice said he did not use any recalled patches and referred to some other mesh patch that he uses. I did not like the idea of a quick decision or attitude so I stopped the conversation at that point and left the office. It seemed he took offense of me doing research on the mesh patches. Now I have a question. 1. I had another surgeon exam my hernia and he told me up front that he uses the Permacol with a very small incision over the area and had absolutely no problem whatsoever with his method, He was very down to earth with me and I liked his attitude towards my 3rd degree. I am leaning towards his practice but there is still the thought of The Shouldice Method. Your help would be appreciated

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 29th, 2008
Hernia Answer A4483
To the administrator:
Questions about any specific surgical methods need expert opinion from an abdominal surgeon.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hernia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.