Medical Questions > Parenting > Toddlers Forum

Parents with terrible two's and three's

User Profile
what are you doing to discipline your children around company when your child does something bad?

my son is 13 years old, but i always meet women who have terrible two's and three's. these mothers does nothing when their kid spit, hit, kick, push, pull, throw something at me, or any other horrible thing. the first parent would just smile and look away as if she cant deal with it.

the other parent yells at me to hit her kid. but i would be hitting him nonstop. i fell like i loose 10 pounds just going over there house.

oh, and both their kids broke something over my house. and wasnt even punished. i stop talking to both of them.

it was hard dealing with my son at that age so i understand, but he was never a little devil.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 27th, 2009
Children can certainly be a reflection of their environment, but some children are inherently more active and difficult to control. In any event it is a parent’s responsibility to discipline his child, not only for society’s sake, but especially for the child’s well being. It may be difficult to approach the subject, but if you are a good friend you may want to suggest that these families should attend parenting courses and seek help in disciplining their children.
LJGMD

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Toddlers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.