Medical Questions > Relationships > Dating Forum

Parents don't approve at ALL!!

I am sixteen years old and the guy I have been talking to is twenty years old. My parents are totally against it because of the age difference. I will be seventeen this year and i really like this guy! He has a full-time job and lives with his father and grandmother. He pays the house payment and other bills. He respects me and my beliefs. We have been talking for a month behind my parents backs and I really just want them to approve.
We have not done anything on a sexual level and that is both of our decisions. I need help in trying to figure out ways to get my parents to like him. He is a really great guy and I want my parents to see him as a guy who i like and care about he feels the same instead of a guy who is trying to steal their baby girl away.... Any advice????? Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 13th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Well, honestly i'm not a parent yet but I would also have a problem with my 16 year old dating someone even 19 years old. What is wrong with him that he can't date someone his own age? Plus I think it may be against the law (not sure about the laws in your state) but usually you have to be 17 in order to date someone 18+. I don't think there is much your going to be able to do to get them to like him. I also don't think it has anything to do with them thinking he is stealing their little girl away. I think they think you need to date someone your own age.
|
Did you find this post helpful?