I hate how my family get angry and moody about just having to drive me and my friend to a gig it's not fair no one else who listens to my sort of music has to put up with this.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 14th, 2008
Supporter
i think you should just be thankful for the fact that they still give you a ride, just enjoy the gig, and thank your family, let them know how much you apreciate it. I dont know you and i dont know about your family and your life, but in my family, the more i show them that they are gettin gto me, the more they carry on, if i am always good and polite and stuff they cant complain about anything, ofcorse they always find something to get angry at or complain about but they only end up looking stupid because its only silly things, because i give them nothing to get angry at! JIm new so just thought id show a little support!
|

replied November 15th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
if I do say thank you to them they say in a nasty way say so you (swear word) should be. and then go on to say were sick of having to drive you all over the country at your age and at our time of life were no up to it.
|

User Profile
Supporter
Oh right, do you have a job? You could save up and get a nice place of your own, get yourself a car, make some new friends and really show them how you can get on in life. Maybe they will respect you for it. But if your family is like mine and nothing you say or do can make them like you then do it for yourself! Smile
|

I have a bad sense of direction thats why getting to venues to see gigs is difficult for me
|

User Profile
Supporter
SAT NAV?
|

they either sand you the wrong way or the long way round
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Your family isn't obligated to bring you to a gig. The fact that they do it even if they don't want to shows how much they must care about your happiness.

If their annoyance bothers you so much, stop asking them to bring you. Find another method of transportation there. Ask your friend to drive, take public transportation, hire a taxi... something. Or if there's no other way to get there, ask yourself what's more important: going to the gig, or not being harrassed about the ride. Make a choice and try to be content with it. You can't always expect situations to be perfect, and you can't expect your family to be thrilled with having to stop what they're doing to bring you to a place they're not interested in. Can they be nicer about it? Certainly - but so can you. Don't forget that you're an adult and they're not obligated to bring you anywhere. You're lucky they do it at all.

By the way, you don't know what other people have to put up with. You know the phrase "the grass is always greener on the other side"? It's very true. Other people may look relaxed and happy, but everyone has struggles. No one in this world has a pain-free existance.
|

replied November 16th, 2008
my friend can't drive and a taxi would be very expensive from where I live because I live very far away from all venues
|

User Profile
replied November 16th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Which is all the more reason to be grateful to your family for bringing you. Again, they're not obligated to do it. If what they say bothers you that much, either find the money for the expensive taxi or stop going altogether.
|

replied November 17th, 2008
if I stop going all together I won't be a proper fan and I don't have a job no one will enploy me
|
Quick Reply