My mom is 67. Her drinking became a problem very suddenly, about a few years ago and then gradually escalated. She drinks 1/4 to 1/3 a bottle of gin every day. She has other health issues. How long can she live? What should I expect going forward?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2019
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i understand your concern.Alcoholism is a dangerous thing but one can not comment on odds of survival unless complete liver profiles and co morbidity and other scores for liver disease are done and that needs extensive thorough workup. Please consult her doctor and let them help you in this regard.

Take care
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Addiction, Recovery , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.