Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

Paranoid personality disorder

My cousin sister is having lot of psychological problems. She is suffering from paranoid personality disorder. She never believe anyone. She always says that no one cares for her. When I try to console her she looks at me suspiciously. She is having 1 year old baby. She says that she doesnt like her baby. She is apatheic and never display any emotions. She has lot of mood swings also. I feel it difficult to talk to her. I also believe she is somewhat schizophrenic. She says she hears lot of inner voice which tell her not to talk anyone. She also says that she is having some divine power and she is able to predict what happens in other life. She is not allowing me to see to her baby. She calls me over phone but she never speak anything. She reconfirms again and again whether I like her. She says that his husband is not intelligent and below her expectation. Can you please tell me in what way I can help her ?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 22nd, 2009
Supporter
it's not good for someone to hear voices! do you think she will ever harm her baby? she is married, is her husband normal, if so how is he handling her disorder?
is she seeing a therapist or on medication?
there's nothing that you can do, she needs to see someone and put on medication?
|
Users who thank starship33 for this post: BalaPrasanna 

User Profile
replied August 22nd, 2009
Supporter
That's right. She's an adult and unless you feel her baby is in danger there is nothing you can do. One needs to want help in order to get it. It's up to her husband to see that she gets the proper treatment since he has a child with her and he is the one that lives with her. Have you spoken to him about her? I feel sorry for the baby. He/she is the victim here.
|
Users who thank wendyrs for this post: BalaPrasanna 
Quick Reply
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....