I think my Dad is paranoid!!! He's beginning to argue more with my mom, locks the front gate with a chain & lock, disconnects the phone, sleeps by the front door and wants my mom to give up her job and friends. I don't know what to do! He told her that if she doesn't do what he says then he's filing for divorce and leaving her with nothing! Please help, my dad needs help,so do i call a mental hospital and have him admitted, i don't know what to do. He won't talk to me. I have a really BAD FEELING, what do i do? My mom loves him,but she's scared of him! He also told her that he knows how to hurt her without leaving any marks!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 27th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Your dad is clearly in need of some psychiatric intervention. If he threatens your mom he can be forced to see a doctor. Your mom needs to look into what she can do to get him help. You need to talk to your mom. Tell her you are afraid. If she can not get him help and she is afraid then you and your mom should go somewhere safe.
|

replied May 3rd, 2008
Reassure your father about the love in your family and how strong it is, and ask him why he is acting this way because YOU CARE. Try to empathise with his feelings, despite how hard it may be. But seek the advice of a professional first. Maybe you and your mum could go see someone together?
|

replied June 26th, 2008
MY MOM...
HELP.. I have no idea what to do, A couple months ago my mom came to me telling me that my step dad is whatching her every move and that he gets messeges on the t.v. and that he can get messeges on the tv by email and know. So I though that it may be happeing. Now she sais he may have cameras around the house. She changed her phone like 3 times in the past 2-3 months because she feals like some one is listing to her conversations. I live with her and my family she thinks that we can control her cell phone with the computer or remote control. Also she says she can hear everything when she is in her room, when she whent to the store she notive that this guy was smiling at her, that was stange for her because she does not know tha guy, but she says WHY was he smiling at me. So simple things like that or going through the tv menu freaks her out, resently shes been under a lot of stress she has lost the house for we cant pay for anymore so please it seams like nothing but its afecting our lifes and I need to know if is a medical isue or what.
|

replied June 26th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Sounds like boths of these users have very bed problems. They clearly need in house theropy IMHO. This sound very serious. I'm talking major paranoia. Is there any underlying issues you can both think of that could be triggering these episodes? Like for instance my dad had a horse gamling problem and had to sell every piece of furniture in the apt and then some of his bookies. I never knew my dad that goodness. He left mom before she had me.
Most important. did this seems to just all of a sudden come on or did you start to see on suttle changes in them. If it came on suddenly, it may be they feel someone is after them. And it very well could be a reality. You have to get them for help. Unforutnatly, you can't just take them to a mental intitution and drop them off at the front door. They have to be a treat to themselves or others, or walk in and admit themselves. Now a doctor can intervein and ge them in.
All I can say is that you both have a very serious issue on your shoulders. There is no quick anwer if they can't see this for themselves and want the help.

I hope for the best for both of you..
|

replied September 21st, 2011
no answers for you sorry but i suffer the same illness take care of him and no blame should go his way its not his fault its noones fault its in his makeup im seeing a doctor and hes not really helping me but maybe a mental health doctor could help him. if you or your dad find any help please post back. s.b
|
Tags: symptoms
Quick Reply
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....