I haven't left my house in 2 days. Just thinking about it freaks me out! My daughter gets the bus right outside our front door. I can't drive because my mind is always like "what if I wreck? What if I can't get back home? What if I go crazy while driving?" I don't want to become completely agoraphobic! I just get so paralyzed with fear that I don't want to move, get off the couch, talk to anyone on the phone, etc. I finally worked up the courage to get a bath last night, in the tub. I usually just wash and shave in the bathroom sink. Is anyone else having this problem? Please reply!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 28th, 2015
Experienced User
Hello

Hi again daryld

Don't let anxiety get control over you. Just calm down and settle for a moment. I know how difficult it is, you're in constant worry and you can't function well. What treatments does your therapist recommends you to do whenever you start experiencing these fears? You know you have to face them somehow. You need to slowly do things one step at a time. You can't always overthink things. Do you have anyone who can assist you to gradually make subtle steps? Patience is key, just do it slowly, once you finish a task then you'll feel that there is nothing to worry about.
|

Experienced User
He recommends grounding and deep, belly breathing. But when my mind races, it's so hard to focus on that!!! It's hard to focus on anything other than the fact that I don't feel like myself!
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Look, we, some readers i mean-- or i have gone thru some of what u go thru but cannot understand it all. I also think too much, but have u tried reading Psalms? It is said the people who wrote them like David also went thru a lot of what we are now going thru, being anxious, hounded, still, worshipping, planning wrong things in his mind.. but repenting in the end and being restored. He played on an instrument and diverted his mind to his Maker, which helped him go back on track.
He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it. Matthew 10.39
|

Experienced User
Yes, I read the psalms. I listen to the Bible on my phone. I pray constantly. I do what the doctors say, I follow the scripture, I get on my knees and beg the Lord for help!!! I exercise, I eat right, I take vitamins, I do everything I'm supposed to!!! I'm just so frustrated that NOTHING helps!!! I cried my eyes out last night because I feel so hopeless and helpless!!! I didn't want to get up today. At all!!
|

replied October 29th, 2015
The fact that you can cry it out helps. Would you have some anger, unforgiveness or bitterness to give up. We are told it is all by grace.
|

replied October 30th, 2015
Experienced User
Yes, I suppose I do have anger inside and unforgiveness. But I guess I am angry that I have been going through this incredibly horrible depression and anxiety for a year!!! It has robbed me of my life for so long. I haven't enjoyed time with my family and friends, my daughter. I haven't worked in a year, I haven't been able to function as a human being. The things that people don't think twice about are a huge challenge for me. Like showering, walking out the front door, going to the store, etc. So yeah, I would have to definitely say, I'm angry! I am angry that nothing is helping. No meds, no counseling, no group therapy, no hospitalizations, nothing!!! Yes, I'm angry
|

replied November 2nd, 2015
What is it about showering... I wish there was more we could say or do.. sometimes in fact we struggle what to say too.
|

replied November 15th, 2015
Experienced User
Ok, so I have been able to get a bath. I don't know what it is about a shower. Maybe it's just a weird thing I'm hung up on. I am having anxiety right now. You usually put scripture on here. What would you recommend to me for this anxiety and depression? I am always looking for new verses to read and meditate on.
|

replied November 16th, 2015
With some, those invasive thoughts and fears are a classic symptom of PTSD. They appear to be so randomly occurring but are usually very unsettling. For example, say you want to go for a drive just to get out of the four walls, but still remain in that 'safe' alone place. "What if I crash? What if I run over something, like a rabbit or a kitten?!". On the surface, it appears to have no connection to a trauma. It's not so much the specific traumatic experience(s), more so the unwarranted triggering of the fight or flight response. Some people find it happening once they tuck themselves in bed for the night. It may feel similar to being a child, afraid of the dark. It's paralyzing, but very real. If this sounds like you, it may be worth looking into. You will find some relief. Good luck!
|
Tags: Anxiety, Stress
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...