Hello,

First off any help will be appreciated. problem....

When I take naps i go into a deep deep sleep, I dont usually remember the dreams but i do remember trying to wake up. I try to wake up but i cant move nor open my eyes. It feels like im paralyzed in my sleep. Sometimes in my naps it feels like my roomates are either moving around in my room or right by me but when i awake they arent there. However, this is only in my naps and this NEVER occurs while im sleeping at night... And when i do take naps this problem Always occurs.

Please Help
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 3rd, 2009
Sleep Paralysis
This is called sleep paralysis, i get it a lot too. just look it up, there's lots of interesting historical information about it. It's not a big deal, just scary sometimes!
|

replied January 30th, 2010
Sleep Paralysis - Length of Time
I've heard alot about sleep paralysis being normal to happen to people for 10-15 seconds, or maybe even a minute or two in people with narcolepsy or other sleep disorders.

Has anyone heard of it happening for longer? It's happened to me many times, but on a couple of occasions was much more severe than usual. It's happened to me twice for about an hour and a half- people tell me that I must have been hallucinating, and that it probably felt like longer than it was.

But I have reason to believe that I was in "real time" my eyes were open, I watched the clock, and had a roommate in the room who I talked to later about it (confirmed with her what she was doing in the room at the time, etc.) - so I don't believe I was hallucinating.

Anyone have this happen to them for such a long period of time?
|

replied January 27th, 2011
i only had one the other day and i have them regular, i sort of in control and i tell myself there is no one really doing anything to me, i feel like black shodows over me and pulling at me and pulling me to bottom of me bed!!! i tell these things to get off me and i find myself trying to scream i always try to open my eyes then i come out of it for a second then my eyes like lead and i hear rustling sounds and voices like some one comming in my room! there not pleasent at all!!! i suffered them now 40 years!
|

replied January 27th, 2011
i only had one the other day and i have them regular, i sort of in control and i tell myself there is no one really doing anything to me, i feel like black shodows over me and pulling at me and pulling me to bottom of me bed!!! i tell these things to get off me and i find myself trying to scream i always try to open my eyes then i come out of it for a second then my eyes like lead and i hear rustling sounds and voices like some one comming in my room! there not pleasent at all!!! i suffered them now 40 years!
|

replied February 2nd, 2011
Have these often and one just recently. now I can sort of detect them coming and stop them and wake before they get bad but they are always acoompanied by feelings of panic helplessness and horror.
|

User Profile
replied February 6th, 2011
Sleep paralysis is related to stress factors. The best thing for you to do is speak to a doctor if you can and assess your current situation. If a doctor is not an option, a close friend or family member may be able to help. Generally sleep paralysis is brought on by a change in lifestyle, high consumption of alcohol, and again stress.

Some relaxation methods before sleep may be very beneficial for you not only while sleeping but also in your daily life. Reduce some stresses and help you set time aside to reflect.

Take a warm bath – this has got to be one of the easiest things you can try to aid in your quest for ZZZs. Taking a warm bath is the perfect way to dissolve stress and tension, relaxing you while preparing your body for sleep. The warm water raises your core body temperature initially but later it cools faster which helps pave the path to sleep. Careful not to take a bath right before bed though, as your core body temperature won’t have time to cool down to the temperature needed for sleep in time.

Progressive muscle relaxation – something that you can easily do while lying down to sleep is to tense and relax your muscles. Starting with your toes, tense your toes as tight as you can, hold for a couple of seconds, then release. Move your way up progressively from your toes to your jaw and eyes. The end result you’re looking for is a feeling of total relaxation, while you succumb to the whispers of the dream master.

Chamomile – the common name for daisy-like plants which have been used throughout the ages as both a stress-reliever and sleep aid. The flavonoid component of chamomile, Chrysin, is believed to be responsible for its sleep promoting powers. The easiest way to get Chamomile into your system is to drink Chamomile tea – a cup before bedtime. If you prefer your tea a little sweeter, you may want to consider adding a teaspoon of honey to your tea.
|