Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Pap smear results - inflammation

Hi I recently had a pap smear. As the doctor was doing the pap smear she asked me a lot of questions and seemed worried saying that me cervix looked inflammed and that we would have to wait and see what the results came back with to see what the inflammation meant.

Well the results were sent to my house, everything was normal except that inflammation was present. My doctor didnt ask to see me so now Im wondering... what does an inflammed cervix mean. is it dangerous, is it going it effect me later?

I would appreciate any advice anyone an offer me

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 20th, 2009
Supporter
Cervicitis is the term for inflammation of the cervix. It can be caused by bacteria, infection or disease. Since the doctor gave you a clean bill of health it must not be caused by any of these. Injury or irritation from tampons, inserting a foreign object, inserted birth control or reactions to the chemicals in douches can also make a woman susceptible to infection.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....