User Profile
I have had this problem before.. mainly when im stressed.

This time it is different, everytime i think of food my mind automatically thinks i wont eat it, or u will feel sick after one bite..

I know it is all in my head but i cant stop it, i weigh currently 8st and my height is 5ft 4. I know this is roughly right, but i will drop soon and i dont want that! Everytime i eat something i start to panic thinking i will be sick, and start breathing heavily.

For example i thought i would try eat a Kit Kat. One single bite and i nearly puked i couldnt look at it or smell it. I started to shake and my arms started to tingle. I dont like this feeling and just want to get on with eating normaly.

Im asking for help, for anyone who may have the same or similar problem as me to talk to me and say what they do. Maybe some advise on how to start eating again without panicing all the time.

Please?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 11th, 2009
Dear Katie,
it's very odd to read your problem because I happen to have the same one. Except for that I always decide to eat something, than I takea bite of it than get hot flahses and it purges back up. Without even trying. Other times I'll say I want something, than when it's right infront of me I'll change my mind and say i don't want it anymore. I think that it happens to you because per say as far as the kitkat, you thought that you wanted it but than when you tasted it, it brought back the memory of how you didn't feel comfortable with your body. My suggestion is to ONLY eat when you're really hungry, and when you do eat, make sure it's something nice and healthy.
-Alice
|

User Profile
replied January 11th, 2009
Many thanks for your reply, thats helped me in some way for someone who know what i go through! I have eaten a few bits since i have posted this only when i was hungry and it worked Smile so i hope im back on the road to recovery..
Katie Smile
|
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....