Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

panic, fainting, psychosis, tied to diabetes?

User Profile
I am a 29 yr old male and banker by proffession.I am a type 2 diabetic and presently on humolog(insulin) plus metpormin and several other medicines.I had developed a kind of disorder in which i get an epileptic attack kind of think which happens whenever my body gets drained out i mean whenever i strain or stressed up,anxious or in hypetension.It has haapened in several occassions while working in bank.Major issue i can sense it coming,i loose focus,start jerking majoraly from chest portion like jolting forward and backwards,breathlessness,heavy sweating,feel as if there is no power left inside me and it feels as if somebody is putting pressure on my temporal lobe from both sides of brain.Yesterday night i had a severe attack and i also suffered from acute pyschoysis in my college days.First i noticed it happened due to hypogylcemia when my blood sugar level reached 70 but from past two encounters my sugar levels were high during attack 265.I become subconcious after these attacks.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 25th, 2011
panic, fainting, psychosis, tied to diabetes?
Hello.

It will be difficult to correlate your symptoms with your Diabetic status and the past history of acute psychosis. Low blood sugar and high blood sugar both are known to induce episodes resembling panic, with fainting. You may have to consult your treating physician about this. It will also be too hasty to say these episodes are due to anxiety. The diagnosis can be had only after a clinical evaluation.

You can monitor your blood sugar levels and take more efforts to maintain them within normal limits. If the office environment seems to be triggering these episodes, try taking a few leaves from the office to see if you see a change. This will help you know if the office environment is really affecting the current symptoms or not. You may also consider getting an EEG (Electro-encephalogram) done to rule out any possibility of seizures.

Hope this helps.

Abhijeet Deshmukh, MD

(This post is for the purpose of providing medical information and is not a substitute for a face-to-face consultation with a doctor. This post is not intended to give or rule out a diagnosis, create a doctor-patient relationship or replace an existing one. I am not able to diagnose medical conditions online. Please consult with your doctor or a qualified healthcare provider for diagnosis and treatment options)

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn the basics about various conditions and diseases, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options....
Learn about risk factors to developing a certain conditions and diseases. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for certain conditions and diseases....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Mental Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.