Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Panic Disorder , Chronic Anxiety , and Hypochondria

Hello there. I'm a 23, almost 24 year old man from London.
I have been suffering from Panic Disorder, Chronic Anxiety and Hypercondria for over 6 years. I remember my first panic attack like it was yesterday, sitting at a bus stop, out of nowhere, thought i was dying, felt like all my organs were failing one after the other.
So much time has gone by, and i wish i could say im better, but i'm not.
I've been on Chlomipramine for the past 4 years, it's done me well, but in the past month alone, i've gone back up from 30mg to 60mg. Just to numb the anxiety.
I have diazepam prescribed and i use it only when the panic attacks get so much that i can't take it anymore.
My doctors just throw pills at me, i saw a councilor years back, but i didn't find cognitive therapy any help whatsoever, and i really did try.
I'm reaching the end of my tether. I can't function properly. I'm having panic attacks from half an hour after i wake up, until i go to sleep, apart from the time when i'm doped up on 4mg of diazepam. Even then the anxiety is there, i just don't have insane panic attacks.
I dunno where to go anymore, what to do. My girlfriend is so helpful, but she can't do everything for me anymore, she works hard enough, i don't want to put it on her. I haven't even told her how bad its gotten recently, i try to stay positive, at the end of the day, if i get depressed about it, it's going to get worse, so i fight it. Put on a front if need be. Anything. I've tried exercising, getting fit, crying to relieve the stress, drinking alchohol to relieve it. Nothings working anymore, all my old tricks of numbing it (and yes running away from the problem) have stopped working.
So now it's just panic all day, every day.
I'm starting to want to die just to stop the anxiety.
My anxiety is all about my health. I always think i'm going to have a heart attack, or something. I am extremely unfit, 15mins on a crosstrainer in the gym and im spent, and thats at a walking pace.
I want to try and get fit, so i can feel better, maybe that would help, but how can i do that, if as soon as my heartbeat raises the tinyest bit, i go into a fit of panic?
I smoke ciggarettes, i tried to quit, but believe it or not, i started to panic at the feeling of withdrawal....stupid eh?
I rarely go out, i can't get a job, or hold one down, cos i just end up panicking the whole day.
I'm a complete mess.
I'm intelligent, and i have strong willpower, but i can't do it anymore. The will to want to live is going, and the panic is getting worse.
I've spoken enough.
someone help me.
Please.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Users who thank ChrisLondon for this post: bert1957 

replied April 13th, 2009
hiya
hiya my names joanne, i am 35yrs old, i suffer anxiety, if you want to get in touch write me, hope we can help each other
|
Users who thank schooler for this post: bert1957 

replied July 9th, 2009
Panic attack all the time..........
Hi you are a carbon copy of myself. I go into a panic attack as soon as my feet hit the floor in the morning....and here lately it's an all day thing, I'm 52 it's been happening since I turned 44, you are not alone with this..Maybe we can be a help to each other....e-mail me anytime you need a shoulder..... I know it's very tough most of the time and I could use a ear to bend every now and again..God bless. Bert
|

replied July 13th, 2009
I am also dealing with this. I have panic attacks one after another. I always think I'm dying of something - if I find out I am not, then I go on to some new disease. My relations have also hurt from this and I can't seem to get my self together. I just turned 22 years old. I have trouble working, playing...anything! I always think something is wrong with me and I'm too tied up in it to enjoy life at all. I am scared of being alone, because I may die of a panic attack, or a disease.

I am afraid to eat cause it may kill me - I am afraid to drink cause it may effect my blood and kill me. I don't know how to cope either.

If you want to talk, you can write me.
|

replied August 5th, 2009
I am a 30 year old female and I know exactly what you guys are talking about. I have struggled with panic disorder/hypochondria just about all of my like. I had the benzo's prescribed to me by a doctor who mistakingly got me hooked, then cut me off of them cold turkey-and the withdrawls almost killed me! I recently had a baby and now the panic attacks are back. I even feel scared when I'm driving because I am so afraid of an accident. Drinking used to help, but then day following a night of imbibing, the attacks are worse. If someone out there has any coping mechanisms, I am open to suggestions.
|

replied September 16th, 2009
Anxiety blows!
Wow! It makes me feel a little better knowing that I am not the only one going through this. I am a 27 year old female who has had anxiety pretty much my entire life. As a child, I was anxious and worried about everything! School was difficult for me because I couldn't concentrate and it really affected my relationships and development and is now affecting me as an adult. I had been doing well for 8 years or so and then all of the sudden it all came back a couple of months ago. I completely relapsed! I was put on medication, but still feel completely out of control. My brain is foggy and I can't turn off the negative thoughts in my head. I am so scared and am fighting so much. If anyone one can offer encouragement or would be willing to share their personal testimony, I'm all ears:)
|

User Profile
replied November 15th, 2012
I just posted my blog post on the bipolar forum. I really struggle with this too. I have had a few panic attacks but I never used to think too much of it. I wish you all a healthy recovery. http://ehealthforum.com/health/i-don-t-wan t-to-do-this-anymore-t373772.html
|

User Profile
replied January 30th, 2014
Does anyone still use this site that has written on this thread? I've clicked on several profiles but they only posted one thing and haven't signed on since 2009. I would really appreciate someone to talk to. See if anyone has found anything that helps...
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...