Medical Questions > Mental Health > Panic Attacks Forum

Panic Attacks triggered by a "LEGAL" drug

User Profile
Greetings my name is Nikki. I'm 17 years old, turning 18 in just a month. I was with a friend on the 15th of this month and we were just hanging out, and he wanted to smoke K2 "LEGAL" synthetic marijuana. That stuff is NO JOKE. Well, sometime during the time where he was smoking and our conversation. I fell into a DEEP hallucination seeing things, hearing things, trapped in horrible thoughts within my head (& I didn't even smoke it, this is all from a CONTACT HIGH) causing me not only that but a massive panic attack, shakes, rapid heart rate, short of breath, and so on. Scariest most traumatizing experience of my entire life. I was in the hospital for about 6 hours, they flushed my system with saline, and I went home, I slept perfect, I was perfectly okay. Then the next morning, I woke up in a panic, much like a panic attack then again I didn't know what was wrong with me at the time causing me to worry more, well after it happened multiple times that day I did research and everything came out to be a panic attack. They have happened every day since then, more than once a day. When I do finally get to be able to sleep unknowingly I was having panic attacks in my sleep. I sleep for 2 hrs to the dot and wake up either from what seems like a nightmare or just simply the feeling of panic. Some are more intense then others. My mother bought me a lot of natural remedies to help me with all of it. First she started with Calms Forte which is a natural sleep aid, I took it and I was out like a light but I woke up with a panic attack...so yesterday we decided to go to walmart and we bought St Johns wort, Nerve tonic, Vitamin B, and a bunch of lavender scented things all natural. I came home, I took 2 nerve tonics, a St John Wort pill, and a vitamin B pill, drank a little green tea, took a lavender bath, with lavender candles, and lavender lotion. Came out and laid on my couch and I fell asleep only for 2 hrs but I havent slept that well in days. I woke up after the 2 hrs with minimum panic, though it was still there but very little. So I repeated these steps to go to bed with, and I woke up at midnight from what seemed like a dream,gasping for air, and I then sat on the edge of my moms bed crying from exhaustion for 15 mins, and resided to the computer until about 6am, then I went back into my room, sprayed some lavender room freshener, and fell asleep quickly, I woke up about 7:45am in a weird state of panic which I've felt numerous times, I'd be awake, and then asleep again without realizing it, and withing that I dream of people talking about weird random things, and I eventually wake myself up. I've been up since and honestly afraid to go back and try again. It sucks this is all horrible. I wish that I could just over come this. If anyone has any ideas on what to do please let me know.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile MRbarber89
|

User Profile
replied June 30th, 2012
i had a severe panic attack after smoking marijuana
if u have panic attacks or have ever had psychosis you should not do marijuana or any drug. It will just cause a panic attack
|

User Profile
replied August 21st, 2012
i smoked marijuana for 10 years...then that apice stuff came out and i smoked it a few times...out of no where one day i packed a bowl of spice and the SAME EXACT THING HAPPEND TO ME. EVERYTHING YOU JUST SAID HAPPEND TO ME. even when i sleep to this day and it was almost a year ago. i cant even smoke marijuana now because of it. everytime i smoke marijuana it gives me panic attacks because of the spice...you most likely have severe anxiety now. i am not a doctor i am just going from what happend to me. but it seems the same exact thing happend to you as well. that spice is bad. very bad. if i were you i would go to a doctor and tell them when and how often you are having panic attacks and they will prescribe you a medication that will help you sleep all hours of the night. i promise. i hope this helps you and good luck
|

User Profile
replied August 21st, 2012
it was the mad hatter i smoked by the way
|

replied October 8th, 2012
About 9 years ago i was a party girl. I smoked pot did blow and x....i was having the time of my life . Till one day i ended up in the emergency room and thought i was dieing . Ive have anxiety/panic attacks ever since. Most days i can control my anxiety other days i feel like im dieing . This friday was the worse i live in ny so we have underground trains . I was stuck in the tunnel for a few mins . My anxiety went into full force ....i was able to control it but its not easy .so my advice to you seek advice from a doctor and get some medication . My doctor has me on lexapro and xanax. I take my xanax when needed. If u learn to control it you may not need the meds . My precription of 90 pills last me 1 year... Read books too ...u may learn a few things . Good luck ....
|

User Profile
replied December 24th, 2012
Thanks to everyone who replied. Its been awhile and I still have panic attacks at least once a week. They start out to where I feel like I'm out of body then either I start shaking and my heart races or my heart races and I cry uncontrollably. It's pretty severe and hopefully I can make it to a doctor soon. If I could take back ever smoking "legal" marijuana I would because before that, I was never like this. I never even knew what a panic attack was until my experience.
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...