User Profile
Hi all who suffer from this horrible disorder. I am 48 years old and have suffered from Panic Disorder literally all of my adult life. I have been seeing phyciatrist and phycologist and counseling for this crippling disorder since my late teans. I have been treated with Xanax, and unfortunately things like prozac and zoloft. Doctors just can not get it through there head that I am not depressed; I basically get perscribed them both Xanax and other depression pills which give me severe side effects, and do not fill the depression meds. Why they all think that they are one in the same is beyone me. I have gotten severely sick from any depression meds, all of my friends agree that I am not depressed. At any rate, that aside, my attacks were at there worst the last half of my monthly cycle. (So I basically spent half of my life on the edge of a cliff - every move and step picked with precise contemplatioin) and miserable.
A couple of years ago I had a complete hysterectomy for recurring disableing multible ovarian cysts. I had been begging my doctor for years any ways to do a complete hysterectomy procedure because my PMS was so horrible and getting worse as I approached the mentapausal stage. I was going crazy!
WELL, lucky me! I have found that my panic attacks are far and few between now, usually only mild anxiety if anything. I can drive again, and I can go to malls, and other things that just drove me to utter full blown attacks. Just wanted to share this with all the female victems of this disorder, that with me, it was completely hormonal in it's root. I am now taking HRT and am pretty much at an even keel! lifepreserver
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 27th, 2009
i have really bad panick attacks to and the docs keep saying that i'm depressed tobut i anit! i dont no why i have them some times they are only small ones that i can handel but other times i pass out. i even stopped leaving the house 4 about 3 month cos i kept thinking i might have one again. i'm 25 and they only stated when i was about 21 i dont no why or how they started though
|

User Profile
replied July 27th, 2009
Actuallly 80% was hormonal and about 10% was heritedy, and 10% was life style; when I was in my mid 20's they were pretty bad - but I had a full time job and was a single mother and owned my own house; a lot of pressure, and did a bit of partying back then. Let your doc's perscribe you the anti-depression stuff, if they don't work, don't take them (they made me really sick) but be sure to get "Xanax"; it definately works within a few minutes. You really need to be able to live your life; get to the bottom of it! I don't have insurance & for 120 .5mg (they make 2mg, .10mg; and .2 mg) at Walmarts they are under $15.00 (generic). Go to a quack if you have to! So many doctors in my past acted like I was looking for a partyen drug when I asked for "Xanex"; especially when I was your age. Now that I am older I can get anything I need, but when you are younger they raise an eyebrow on that class of drugs (valium and others). Hope that helps... I think anyone on here would suggest lifestyle changes and or Xanex; from what I read...
|

replied July 30th, 2009
I`ve been living with epilepsy for about 30 years, and since 3 years ago, I also have panick attacks, my life has been a miserable one, before this I used to live a normal life, now I donÃspam´t know what to do, and my doctors has been prescribing me mirtapazine and it has caused me very bad side effects. I am desperate!
|

User Profile
replied July 30th, 2009
desp33; Hi, I don't know much about epilepsy but sure know alot about panic attacks as I lived most of my adult life with them. The miracle med for me was xanax; perhaps you should talk to your doctor about the nasty side effects that you are experiencing; is this drug they have you on anxiety or for epilepsy? In the past, I started to feel like a guinnee pig as they really didn't know alot about it; and they would just throw the book at me with drugs that made me sick; especially anti-depressents. I am not depressed. Be proactive with your doctor.
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...