Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

Panic attack from speed cocaine ? Blackout

Hello I am new to the forum ,
I have currently stopped drinking and using cocaine after a long addiction around 12-13 years
I am 30 now it's only been a month but I have slight withdraw however I'm getting by ...
The reason for my post is about 2 years ago I used speed and took around 2 grams it sent me on a paranoid trip thinking i was being attacked my snakes ect I sort of passed out and came around again , never touched it since was horrible , however I have had 2 of these episodes on cocaine about 1.5 to to years after , but thinking my friends were trying to kill me ect one night they took me to hospital after I was screaming and shaking sweating curled up in a ball ect it passed after I went to the hospital after they calmed me down and took me it was very worrying , I am aware Of what happened and can remember it I had been drinking heavy also , it's hard to explain but it's like I would be feeling like being attacked with hammers ect the sort of black out and come round again , my concern is I feel better now as laid off every thing. Anyone else experienced this ?
The doctor said no need for brain scan blood pressure all ok ect heart rate was high obviously but came down again and they released me even tho I asked for a scan , is this a severe panic attack and black out or is something wrong in by brain they haven't spotted ???
It has scared me enough never to use again however I'm worried about having a episode when not on the drugs panic attack or seizure ect will this pass ?
Any advice appreciated
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 30th, 2016
Experienced User
Since your doctor confirmed everything is okay with you, I don't think you need to scare now. Brain related problems are quite critical and I think you should consult with your personal doctor anytime after having something not normal.
|

User Profile
replied July 21st, 2019
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i understand your concern.your doctor is right. It is due to anxiety and panic attacks. With history of addiction these withdrawal symptoms are common even after long period of sobriety . Stay in touch with your support group and stay strong.

Take care
|

User Profile
replied September 4th, 2019
Experienced User
It is very critical issue as for as your concern you need to contact a physician for better souce of recommendation.
|
Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Addiction, Recovery , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.