Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Panic/Anxiety...its a scary thing!

I took a vitamin B3 Nicacin tablet where i took the bad side effect of flushing which absolutely freaked me out...ended up in hsopital however was sent home as was a side effect. A week later i took another funny turn, arms/face went tingy, heart was beating so fast and felt really heavy..went to docs and was told had anxiety...felt ill 3 months since this happened. However went to Jan De Vries as i was getting fed up of the doctors saying the next step was anti depressants!! I knew i wasnt that bad!!! Jan De Vries took one look at my eyes and after me explainin how i felt said my blood had basically been poisoned from the tablet and basically i needed antioxidants to clear this out which i am on now. He said i would be better in 10 days.....(i should be better tomorrow then!)....people have said they an see a difference in me and that i do seem better...however i still seem to get panic attacks and yesterday i had a really bad one and still now i am feeling a little scared. Could it be possible that because my system has been shocked by this tablet and its slowly working its way out of my body, its brought on panic attacks?? Once i am clearer from this bad stuff in my blood...should the panic attacks dissappear too?? PLEASE REPLY SOMEONE! Thank you. x
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper repperm
|

User Profile
replied November 12th, 2012
I'm not sure it's that simple , I hope it is ,.i had my first panic attack driving home from my dads 12 weeks ago and my life has not been the same since , I don't know what happened that night or what caused my body to do this but I'm told in time I will be better and back to myself , it's our body and hormones and we have no control on it but appently I'm assured in time it goes awayi hope so cause like you I feel scared every day , I hope someone has a answer for you and something positive about this cause a better out look on this problem would make a more positive future for me to look forward to
|

replied November 13th, 2012
i know they just come from absolutely no where...which is scary even more cause you think there is something seriously wrong with you. I went to the doctors the other day as i was getting tension headaches and funny pains in my chest and under my left breast. Turns out its stress. Its crazy what your body can do. Hopefully you will start to feel a bit better soon. I went on a website where it gives you 4 steps on how to control a panic attack if you feel it coming on. You should have a look at it cause it has helped me!
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...