Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > High Blood Pressure and Hypertension Forum

panic and anxiety disorder- internal tremors head to toe

On 3/30/2011 I almost past out at work. When they checked me my blood pressure was 220/120. I was hospitalized overnight. After the hospitalization, I started experiencing internal tremors from head to toe along with what appeared to be panic and anxiety disorders. The anxiety and panic disorders have since dissipated but the internal tremors remain, more intense at times and some days mild. I have had workups upon workups but everything appears to be normal. I have they feeling it is connected to the spike in blood pressure as before 3/30 I was the picture of health. Any advice?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 18th, 2011
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

Your symptoms can be due to Generalised anxiety disorder which presents as tremors or due to Blood pressure fluctuations.Kindly record your BP readings for few days and if they are constantly higher then you might require medications.
Practice relaxation techniques as meditation,Yoga etc for peace of mind.

Take Care!

|

replied October 1st, 2011
Something similar happened to me and strange but on the same date. I also had bad vertigo. I was put on anti depressants for about four months and it didn't help at all. The internal tremor just got worse. I take all possible vitamins and minerals and calcium and magnesium are helping (I think). My blood pressure is not stable, I have 'sudden jumps' but the medication is so heavy on me, I can't function so I decided not to take them anymore.
|

replied January 4th, 2012
INTERNAL TREMORS FOR SEVEN MONTHS
I HAVE SUFFERED WITH INTERNAL TREMORS FOR OVER 7 MONTHS--24/7 ANY MEDS YOU COULD RECOMMEND--I HAVE ALL TEST RUN MRI--MUCH BLOOD AND 5 NEUROS--NO HELP--IT IS GETTING WORSE--DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS==THANK YOU.
|

replied January 7th, 2012
Many people who suffer from anxiety/panic disorder also suffer from hypertension. Having one doesn't mean you shouldn't treat the other.

Best
|
Must Read
Learn the basics about mental disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a mental health condition. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for mental conditions....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our High Blood Pressure and Hypertension , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.