Hello All, I'm new to the forum and have a condition that I wonder if I share with others. At age 25 I developed acute pancreatitis while in my first trimester of pregnancy due to small gallstones. After the birth of my daughter the gall bladder was removed and surgery was also performed to drain a large cyst on my pancreas through my stomach. I have suffered diarrhea, bloating, gas and acid reflux since that time. The "D" has gotten so severe that I have undergone colonoscopies, endoscopies and various drug treatments and several false diagnoses. My last visit to my GI about 10 days ago things changed. He had treated me for IBS-D with Xifaxan which did not work and caused my glucose to plummet. As we spoke, he made reference to my gall bladder surgery many years ago and I also told him about the pancreatic surgery. He said that I never told him that and it changed everything. Apparently, I produce none of the enzymes by my pancreas to digest food. Such a simple question with great results. He prescribed Creon to replace the enzymes and I am a new person. For the first time in 40 years! Not sure of the long-term effects of this drug and it is quite cost prohibitive - (before insurance the drug is $1,893/mo.). But there is no other drug out there like it. Just wanted to ask if any of you have taken this drug and the results. I had reached a point where I was afraid to go outside my house or go to bed at night for fear of an accident. I look forward to being a member of this forum and knowing that I'm not alone in my digestive struggles.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Gastritis is a general term for stomach disorder. Learn more about types of gastritis, and the anatomy of the stomach in this basic intro to gastritis....
Gastritis occurs when the stomach lining becomes irritated and inflamed. But what can cause this medical condition? Are you at risk of this stomach disorder?...
Gastritis, or stomach inflammation, can be either acute or chronic. Learn how to tell the difference and know when to seek medical help by reading here....