Hi there.My father has been suffering form abdominal pain for 2 months.After a full check on the abdominal area pancreatic changes have been detected in forms of cysts.For that he was treated with Parenteral infusions with Controloc and Fortum for 10 days. He felt better and he was released from hospital.After few days of eating light food he complained of lower right abdominal pain.An intestine test showed an inflamation in one of the curves and he was prescribed with metronidasole and tramadole for the pain.The pain didn'd go away and in got worse in the evenings around midnight.He had renal pain aswell and a urine test showed crystals in the kidneys.Few days ago he woke up with yellow skin and eyes and his ALT and AST values 8386 and 4950 respectfully.He was hospitalized again and now we are waiting results form a biopsy of the pancreas since he still has those cysts.His therapy at the moment is Ranital, Tramadol when needed and Ciprofloxacin.He still has the pain in the evenings and has lost more than 10 kg due to not eating and using laxatives for examinations.The doctors can't diagnose him.Whether it is acute pancreatitis due to gall stones, or some kind of cancer.Please help us.He is exausted and loosing will to fight.He is the most important person in my life and has 59 years.He only drank alcohol with company,barely at all in the last few years due to high blood pressure.And he is a non-smoker.I am a Pharmacist and my mother is a Pediatrician but both of us feel helpless not knowing what we are dealing with. Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 30th, 2010
I have already responded to this question.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|

replied July 10th, 2010
To say that you already responded to this question is not helping someone because theyn are asking about the problem. I have a parent who never drank or smoked in her life and is going through the same pain and that is why we are going to talked to doctors who are not just looking for a free ride.
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Pancreas Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.