I am 59 and have occasional palpatations and heart flutters. No other symptoms. It scares me to death. Been having them for 7 years. First time I went to hospital, all tests came back fine. Could these be panic attacks? It happens out of the blue. Does anyone else my age have these and what do you do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 2nd, 2010
I have experienced palpitations for over 10 years and it happened numerous times each day without missing a single day and I'm just 36.

For me, 800mg of magnesium citrate helped to reduce my frequency of palpitations and then I added one banana a day for potassium and that helped a very little bit but my palps persisted until I started taking a multi-vitamin that supplied 55mcg of selenium and then not one palpitation in 34 days.

Take a look at vitamincfoundation dot org and research Pauling/Rath Unified Theory of Heart Disease. Also read Dr. Tom Levy's book "Stop America's #1 Killer".
|

Heart palpatations
Thank you so much. What is the name of your mulitvitamin and is this something you have to order online?
|

Your very welcome

It is Equate Complete Multivitamin with 200 tablets. I think I got it at Wal-Mart.

Magnesium is very important as well. Don't get a mag supplement because most all are magnesium oxide and that form is not easily absorbed. You need to use magnesium citrate(which is very easily absorbed). A very cheap way to get mag citrate is to look at the laxative section in the pharmacy and you will see a bottle called "Magnesium Citrate Oral Saline Laxative". It is only 99 cents per bottle. If you only take one teaspoon, you will get 400mg of magnesium. Per the directions, you have to drink at least half the bottle to get the laxative effect so don't worry about that because we're just talking about one teaspoon twice a day.

Also, very important, check out the information in the last paragraph of my first message.
|

Selinium in multivitamins
so that multivitamin at Walmart has the selenium in it?
You have been so helpful.. thanks so much.
|

Yes, it does.
|

replied November 8th, 2010
Calcium you recommend.
I have heard you definetly need to take magnesium if you take Calcium.. if you tak3 1000 units of calcium.. you need at least half that amount in magnesium. What type calcium do you take.?
|

I do not take any calcium supplement. It is actually one of the few things most people get an adequate amount of from their diet.

If one does take calcium supplements, they definitely need to take Vitamin K2 (50-100mcg), vitamin D3 (3-5000IU) and Magnesium Citrate(400-800mg) and most everyone would benefit from these supplements whether they take calcium or not. Without K, the calcium gets deposited in soft tissues such as arteries and blood vessels and adds to atherosclerotic plaque.

So just when you think you're helping to prevent bone loss, you are actually helping to increase risk of heart attack or stroke and not helping bone loss much at all.

|

Heart Palpatations,, and vitamins
Thank you, you have a lot of wisdom.. are you in the medical field? I got the vitamins you told me about..and went a week before having a heart palpatation... so its helping.. How about you?? have you had any since being on the vitamins?
|

No, I am not in the medical field. I just do a lot of reading about natural cures because pharmaceutical drugs only alleviate symptoms and I did not want to become a life long heart patient.

I am still palpitation free.
|

Magensium citrate
I just looked at my magnesium.. it is not citrate... its oxide and stearate... where do you get your magnesium citrate?
|

Wal Mart, Rite aid or CVS pharmacy. It is in with the laxatives and is in liquid form in a 10oz bottle. One teaspoon equals 400mg.
|

Thank you. I feel like you are more informative than my doctor is. Do you have recommendation for any certain kind of Vitamin k? and do you get it at Walmart as well?
|

As far as vitamins and nutrition goes, I might be much more informed than most doctors which is kinda sad.

As far as vitamin K goes, K2 (MK-7) Menaquinone-7 is the form to take. The best value I have found is NSI brand K2 from Natto Extract on vitacost dot com. It is 90 softgels at 100mcg and $13.99 which is about half the price per as any local store.
|

Thank you.. Im sure I will be in touch again. You have been so helpful!!
|

You are very welcome.

Did you read any about the Pauling Therapy(vitamin C & L-Lysine) I mentioned earlier?
|
Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....