Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

pallor, fatigue, enlarged liver and spleen, my hair...

User Profile
I am a 33 y/o female. I have had a temp of 100-101 for 6 yrs with numbness in extremeties, pallor, fatigue, enlarged liver and spleen, my hair falls out, attention is gone, Labs mostly normal- mag, and K+ low, white count high, anemic. TSH and T4 normal. I have chest pain every evening- BP in am is 120/70 pm is 122/94.
I have had MRI (brain-normal), EMG (diminished conduction), Sleep study( I spent longer than usual in "stage4"). not sure if it is related, but detached retina. I spent 5 years on a 5,000 calories/day diet to maintain 110 lbs (6ft 5 in), too tired to do it anymore, but have not lost anymore weight. I have a lump in my breast and the nipple bleeds/ cytology report says ok- doc left it at that. I am dizzy frequently. Thyroid is large, occipital nodes large and rock hard. petechia on chest and hands. neck hurts and thoracic spine. very limited ROM- can not even touch knees. It all started 2 weeks after my c-section- could that be related? What specialty do I try? Thx

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 26th, 2011
Cancers Answer A18955
Hello and thank you for posting your health query on E health Forum.

From the history that has been provided, you need attention from multiple medical specialties.

For evaluation of your current symptoms, a physical examination and consultation with a physician will be needed.

Additional investigations to help diagnosis will include:
1. Basic blood tests, a peripheral blood smear (to evaluate your anemia)
2. liver function tests, and a liver ultrasound - to evaluate your liver enlargement.
3. Serology tests to rule out SLE,
4. Thyroid function tests - to check your thyroid status.
5. Breast ultrasound or a mammogram - to evaluate your breast lumps.
6. A ocular slit lamp examination - for your eyes.

Regular physiotherapy and fitness improving exercises can help your mobility issues.

Additional consultation with a endocrinologist, rheumatologist, a ophthalmologist and a gastroenterologist may be needed depending on the severity of your symptoms.

I hope this helps.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Womens Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.