i am 19 and getting pains near my ribs the day after drinking vodka it feels like stabbing pains everytime i take a breath and when i lay down i get these pains also and im not sure what it could be..this is the second time i have felt like this recently after drinking and im not really sure what the problem could be.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 6th, 2009
Experienced User
well first off, you might want to stop drinking. if it hurts, why do it again?

second, pain on ingestion of alcohol is a documented symptom of hodgkins disease. it is a rare symptom, but has been confirmed nonetheless. see your GP for more information.
T.B. EMT-B
|

replied December 12th, 2009
Yea i think i would agree with the stop drinking comment (at least drinking hard liquer). But it could also just be heart burn. Many people mistake heartburn for something else especially upon first experiancing it. Keep some tums handy and next time you feel it try to take a few. I defanitely get heartburn when i drink so it is a possibility (especailly if those were redbull and vodkas) energy drinks will tear you up inside.
Jonny R.N.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....