Medical Questions > Cancer > Cervical Cancer and Ovarian Cancer Forum

pains in ovary or pelvis...

Must Read
Cervical cancer typically develops over many years. But when does cervical cancer occur and how do doctors define the disease? ...
How are HPV and cervical cancer related? And how can you place yourself out of risk for developing cervical cancer? More here....
Abnormal menstruation can be a sign of cervical cancer. Learn the signs and symptoms of serious "female problems" and when to seek medical help here....
User Profile
i keep on having this pains onmy right ovary i dnt knw if its my ovarie or pelvis but it really hurts and i am not sexually active n yes i have irregular menstruation but i dont what is going on n i have similar symptoms to the ones in the ovary cancer. so whats really going on??

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 30th, 2011
Cervical Cancer and Ovarian Cancer Answer A28053

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out. From your symptoms of pain in the right ovary side, I would like to rule out the possibility of any pelvic inflammatory disease or any infections in the genitourinary or gastrointestinal tract. Pelvic inflammatory disease can be caused by an infection of the pelvic organs. As you are a female, so this possibility is high. It can also be due to fibroid uterus or ovarian cysts. Ultrasound abdomen and cervical swabs are needed to rule them out.

Other possibilities are inflammatory bowel disease, bowel obstruction, irritable bowel syndrome, kidney obstruction or pyelonephritis, psoas abscess and volvolus (twisting of the sigmoid part of the large bowel on itself). Investigations like ultrasound abdomen, CT abdomen and colonoscopy are required to confirm a diagnosis.

My advice is to consult a physician/ gynecologist and get it evaluated.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cervical Cancer and Ovarian Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.