Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

pains in my chest during my period?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
Over the past 5 - 6 months I've been getting extremely strong pains in my chest during my period. I'm 23 and have Poly cystic ovaries and I'm not overweight. Most recently these pains keep me up all night and are starting to worry me. I think they are worse when i've been sitting down for a long period of time and then stand up (i think). It feels a bit like heat burn or indigestion but worse and over an extended period of time. It usually lasts about a day or two.

Do you know what could be wrong?
Thanks in advance

Read more: Menstruation Forum - Chest Pain during period during-period-t280759.html#ixzz1MIMuvbtX

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 15th, 2011
Menstruation Answer A22982
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on your symptoms without examining you. The heartburn and chest pain could be due to gastritis. Periods could be a stress to the body to which the body responds by increased gastric activity. Drink plenty of water and maintain good diet. Visit your doctor/gynecologist for further examination and evaluation to find the exact cause for your symptoms. Be in regular follow-up for your PCOS monitoring. Treatment as appropriate would be started to help you based on examination and investigation results.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.