User Profile
I'm having sharp pains on my left side that comes and goes also having pains almost like a stomach ache above my belly button and in my lower stomach when I try to eat these pains get worse Ive had these pains before but they've only lasted for a few hrs and seem to come and go this is the first time that it has lasted for several hrs, also when I use the restroom it doesn't hurt to pee but i have to go frequently...

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 12th, 2011
Gallbladder Disease Answer A18389
Hello and thank you for posting your medical query on E health forum.

From the history provided, it seems that you have left sided upper abdominal pain that worsens with meals, you could be having heartburn due to excess acid production (Gastro Esophageal Reflux disorder GERD).

You might consider consulting your physician or a Gastroenterologist for a physical examination, which can help to evaluate your condition and initiate necessary treatment measures.

In the meanwhile you might consider taking over the counter antacids, which help to minimise the acidity in the stomach and resolve your symptoms.

I Hope this is helpful.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gallbladder Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.