Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Pains at the lower right abdomen

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Foul smell during coitus
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 13th, 2011
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Foul smelling vaginal discharge is suggestive of vaginal infection, cervical changes, seminal fluid infection (if occurs only after intercourse). The exact cause can only be made out after careful evaluation. Consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for thorough examination and further evaluation to look for the underlying cause for the symptoms that you describe. Vaginal swab/smear test done would help to rule out vaginal infection. PAP smear test done would help to rule out cervix related changes (erosion/dysplasia, pre-cancerous changes etc). Seminal fluid analysis done would help to rule out infection. Treatment as needed (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be started to help you. If infective cause gets detected, both you and your partner should get treated simultaneously to prevent re-infection. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet. Avoid vaginal douching, use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?

replied December 20th, 2012
lower right abdomen pains
funny fluttering feeling on right side lower abdomen pains?
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Women , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.