Medical Questions > Womens Health > Breasts Forum

Painless lump in breast

Hi im 21 yrs old and currently have my period.

The other day i noticed twinges in my left breast and when i felt my breast i have a firm lump, its not sore and i havent noticed it until now i heard it could be hormonal while i have my period but i have never experienced it before im really freaking out and am scared of doctors what do u think my chances of breast cancer are?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 15th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Do you find this lump feeling firm, round, smooth, rubbery, and movable?
|

replied December 15th, 2008
Experienced User
Yes its firm and rubbery and moveable i dont really know what shape it is though
|

User Profile
replied December 16th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
This lump is probably a fibroadenoma, benign breast tumor, that is very common in young women between the ages of 15 and 30.
It feels like marble, firm, round, movable, and "rubbery" lump range from 1-5 cm in size.
Fibroadenoma is not a cancer, can disappear by itself in very rare cases, but, usually stays unchanged.
It can be excised or left and monitored for further changes.

Visit a doctor for correct diagnosis.
Is good to know that some cancerous changes can resemble fibroadenoma.

Best wishes,
Marija
|

User Profile
replied February 5th, 2009
cancer has no pain
look In the other thread we had a difference, but if you find a lump and it has no pain, you should go in for a mammogram and really have it checked out. if you are unable to, then start watching for abnormalities like change in size deformities or kind of dimples. also when you are doing self breast exams it is best to do them in the shower or the bath because the wetness makes it abit more easy to glide your fingers, don't negelct the under arms also and when you reach the nipple area you should pinch I know it sounds gross but kind of in a milking fashion) and watch for discharge.
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....