Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Painful skin on vaginal opening ?

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
i'm not really sure how to explain this, but here goes:

I was touching the area around the opening and i felt a little pain when i touched a spot of skin that seemed bigger and more firm than the rest of the skin surrounding the opening.

When searching for pictures of vaginal openings, it shows the circular skin as the same all around, but when i look at mine, it seems that the one side is protruding. It's not discolored and it just hurts when i touch the side that is firm.

don't know if I should be worried but I am Sad It hurts.
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 6th, 2009
Is it at the back of your vagina? Because then it is probably just your hymen, and nothing to worry about!
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply