Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

Painful lymph nodes and stiff neck

User Profile
i have been on antibotics ( augmentin sp?) for 6 weeks now..i started with just one swollen cervical lymph node on the right side..now there is 3 or 4 of them..they are very painful..i also have a very stiff neck..facial pressure...headache..and multipule bruises that wont heal and come up for no reason at all.i have also lost about 40 pounds over the past year with out dieting or working out. i was just wondering if anyone knew antying about these sypmtoms together..i also have a puitarty tumor(its not to big) just thought i should mention that...any ideas would be great..thanks.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 26th, 2010
Gland Disorders Answer A11545
Hi,

Thanks for using ehealth forum. I am glad to help you.

As you describe a weight loss, be sure to speak with your physician about the possibility of tuberculosis first. Your doctor may also check for the possibility of a malignancy as well.

You should meet a general surgeon for this purpose and he will be able to guide you. If the infection is confirmed, then you will have to be put on an alternative antibiotic for another course of time.

Wish you good Health.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gland Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.