User Profile
My 9 year old daughter has several lumps on her skull. Which she complained hurt when you touch them. One now is located on top of her head. She been to Gp and they say limphnodes.I understand that in the back of her neck, which have several. And been there for over a year now! But now she she has knots on top and side of her head. And they are at least nickle size. Need to know what test can I suggest her doctor to do to check these? And what can I do about her hair that's falling out in the mean time?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 19th, 2017
Grade School Kids Health Answer A61710
Lumps in the skin of the head (scalp) that are painful are more likely due to inflamed and infected hair follicles and skin glands which can form acnes or sebaceous cysts.

Conditions like seborrheic dermatitis can be associated with such conditions.

It would be recommended that you consult with a dermatologist and seek a proper opinion.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Grade School Kids Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.