Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

Painful lump on bum

Hi,

At the top of my bum crack I have a very large, very painful lump.

I probably noticed it last year when it was about the size of a pea and it only hurt when I lay in the bath. Didnt really think much of it until last week when the area started hurting!

I now have a lump about the size of a golf ball and Im in agony! I cant sit, walk properly, bend over, even sitting on the toilet is a job!! I have booked an appointment with my GP but he is not available till next Thurs and I dont know if its serious enough to visit the A&E department of the Hospital?? There is no puss or no hole on it that some people have been talking of, just a lump with a bit of redness around the area. You can see it on top of the skin and feel its much larger but its excrutiating to touch!!!

Any ideas, I would love to hear

Thanks!! Crying or Very sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 15th, 2009
Community Volunteer
If it is that sore I would not wait around until next Thursday the 23rd...I would get in now for possibly medication or to see if they want to drain this...Good luck...

Caroline
|

replied July 16th, 2009
I tried they just said they are extremely busy with people thinking they have swine flu! Obviously more important than my sore bum!!!
|

replied July 16th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Hopefully soaking it will relieve the pressure...Good luck...

Caroline
|

replied August 24th, 2009
OP, I have the same now... what was it and how did they fix you??

Im in PAIN Sad
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....