User Profile
i have had 4 spinal surgeries, i was 30 when i had my first in 2000. after about 1 year i started to get these very deep penetrating cold chills deep in my bones in my arms and legs. it is taking a very mental toll on me. i literally want to chop my arms off the pain is so bad. my only remedy is to turn my bath on as hot as it will go and burn it out of me. sometimes as many as 10 baths or more a day. my doctores have no clue as to what itis or the cause. is ther anyone like me out there that can help me. do you know a doctor to contact for help. please help me i cant take it any more . thank you foe listening.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 3rd, 2009
painful chills & pressure pain
Oh my gosh, I have been searching for an answer too, as I had spine surgery 5 weeks ago & if I even put my hands under cold water my body goes into such shocking pain that I can't stand it. I can't sleep at night because the pressure on my arms, hips & legs hurt so bad that it it is more powerful than the narcotics & the ambien that I am taking. I know all about fibromyalgia, but do't think the painful chills are due to that. If anyone can help please pm me.
|

replied November 26th, 2014
Hello, I suffer from the same thing, I don't know what it is but I think it is partly mood related as when I feel anxious that is when I 'freeze' and then when I feel happier more loving thoughts, I heat up.
However physical and emotional are all related so it is necessary to treat it as a physical symptom.
I find acupuncture quite helpful, and also listening to bionic waves specially designed for backache, if you search youtube you can find some great bionic frequency videos which really help to heat up the system.
I was sceptical but could not deny how well it worked when I tried it and it helped to relieve the anxiety as well.
There are also heat patches which you can get from a pharmacy, try those they are good, but quite expensive unfortunately.
You can also approach the condition from an ayurvedic perspective and eat foods which have a warmer energy, lots of ginger, chilli, cinnamon, root vegetables and drink ayurvedic tea designed to heat up your system, with ingredients like chilli and ginger in them. For more information, follow this link.
I think Bikram Yoga might help too.
You could get a heat lamp and/or an electric blanket, also making sure you run around more and keep moving is very important for keeping up your body temperature.
deep heat cream, devils claw, tiger balm....
It is something that you have to constantly work on and be conscious of but I hope you get the hang of it!
I haven't tried this yet but I was thinking of it.
Good luck
|
Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...