Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

painful bumps burn and hurt

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
I have a painful bumps on the outside & feels like it goes into the inside of my vaginal opening at the bottom. From 5-6 o'clock to describe the area. It burns when I pee and hurts to wipe. Also sore to touch.

What can this be? What do I do? I am 35 years old and have been in a monogomas relationship for 2 yrs.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 27th, 2010
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A17358
Welcome to ehealthforum.
The painful bumps could be due to infection or due to Bartholin’s ducts or gland infection. The symptoms of soreness, burning, could also be indicative of infection. Consider getting these examined by a gynecologist to see what exactly are. If infection is detected both you and your partner will need to be treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.