Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

painful bump at the roof of my mouth. Appears to be others

User Profile
I had a sexual encounter with a girl that was protected intercourse but unprotected oral given and received 6 weeks ago. The next day my throat begin to feel funny and the following day it became a sore throat then two days later I began to suffer from flu like symptoms chills, muscle aches, fever of 100.4, headache, swollen tonsils, and severe sore throat. Most of those symptoms only lasted 2-3 days but the sore throat lingered for about 7 days. Went to the ER when I noticed a pus/mucus like substance on my tonsils. The strep test came back negative and they just said I had a viral illness. Since I begin to worry my genitals and my face around my mouth begin to itch more. I noticed a hair bump above my groin a week or so later and I also had a bump occur in my anus. Last week I noticed a painful sore at the roof of my mouth which lasted about 5 days.There is now another small painful bump at the roof of my mouth. Appears to be others surrounding it. Do symptoms seem std related?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 18th, 2015
Sexually Transmitted Diseases Answer A51451
Hi, and thanks for your query on eHealth forum!

Since doctors suspect a viral illness and since you had a history of unprotected oral intercourse, it would be advisable to get a complete STD panel done, especially HPV, herpes, syphilis and HIV.

Though oral sex is a less common method of STD transfer than vaginal/anal intercourse, in sex workers and others who have had multiple partners, it is known to be a common method of transmitting STDs.

Hence, get a STD panel. If it is negative, then the sores/itc etc can be non-STD viral infection. Take multivitamins, eat healthy, drink plenty of water and if symptoms are not STD related, they will subside soon.

Please discuss with your treating doctor and it is advisable to discuss your sexual history under full confidence. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.