Medical Questions > Womens Health > Breasts Forum

painful breast cysts! is there any way to get rid of them?

Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
hello!! my name is Sandra, I have anxiety and depression, I had an eye stroke,I have breast cysts!!! all this has happened in the last couple of years and i am tired of feeling like this, but what worries me the most is that these cysts really hurt a lot, they hurt more whenever I am on my period, it feels like a cramp but on my breast, I have been to the doctor but they say its normal and that they will go away, they really hurt and it is painful, is there any way to get rid of them for good? what should i tell my doctor on my next appointment? is as if they really dont care at all!!! thanks!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper herbalover37

User Profile
replied July 30th, 2012
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out. Your concern is regarding the pain and soreness in the breasts. This pain and soreness in breasts is due to the fibrocystic breast disease. It is a benign disease but in some the pain and tenderness is constant and many lumpy or nodular areas can be felt throughout both breasts.

Apply warm compresses at regular intervals throughout the day and take some anti-inflammatory drugs .Also apply some topical muscle relaxant and wear a bra at night. Taking vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin B6 and vitamin A and evening primrose oil also benefits many people. Severe cases may require antiestrogenic drug Tamoxifen and androgenic steroid drug Danazol. But all these medicines should be taken only after consulting a gynecologist who can examine and investigate for proper diagnosis. Certain common hormonal (endocrine) abnormalities such as diabetes or thyroid dysfunction may aggravate the fibrocystic breast disease and needs to be evaluated. In some women breast biopsy may also be required to diagnose any atypical hyperplasia. So my advice is to consult your gynecologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Breasts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.