Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Pain when I wake up in the morning and want to urinate

Hi, for months or maybe a year (I m not sure but it has been a long time) every time I wake up with a full bladder I feel pain in my lower sides and lower abdomen and my lower back feels like a wave of heat is passing through it. I m not sexually active so it's not sex related. I can't hold pee and I have to rub my lower back while peeing to ease the discomfort. 10-15 minutes after I pee in the morning, the pain and discomfort stops. I also usually wake up in the night with sharp pain and heat to my lower back, lower sides and lower stomach. I used to drink lots of soda but I cut that down to apple juice and water alone. Was afraid it is diabetes but I don't know. Please help me, my parents can't help even though I explained it to them. Please I really need answers.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 2nd, 2019
Hello and welcome

I appreciate your concern

You did not mention your age or your sex. You require a Urological work up. Urinalysis and subsequently urine culture and sensitivity testing should be done primarily to look for an infectious cause. A renal ultrasound should also be advised. Based on the findings in the above and history plus physical examination clues further work up can be devised in consultation with your doctor.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

|

User Profile
replied August 6th, 2019
According to the situation you described, you may be a urinary tract infection or cystitis. If that, you can take Norfloxacin or herbal medicine diuretic and anti-inflammatory pills for treatment.

Suggest you should pay attention to rest, avoid cold, pay attention to personal hygiene, drink more water, light diet, do not eat stimulating, spicy food. The most important thing is to see a urologist.
|
Tags: Diabetes
Quick Reply
Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Urinary and Bladder Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.