Hi

I have been suffering from a pain in my left side , under my rib for some time.Sometimes it feels like a pulled muscle , other time it's like a severe cramp/contraction/burning pain and lasts for some time.

I also suffed from orange stools which have now turned yellow ; and aren't watery , but can be loose and raggy , yet at other times really hard.

I get itchy eyes and a kind of prickly heat on my back.I also feel freezing cold and exhausted.

I really loud wind , both sides , which can be really bad in the morning.

My stomach now seems affected , and i often have bits of bile come up ; or i have to bring up broken down food because it just won't go down.

I have suffered continual water infections for some time.Could this be the initial cause.

I'm so fed up ,and mty doctor thinks i'm depressed and imagining the problem , and has put me on the pill and given me mint which increases my pain.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 14th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
The orange color of stool, can result from a lack of bile, which along with digestive enzymes in bowel tract changes the stool color from green to orange and final brown.
The lack of bile in your bowels, probably, is caused due the blocked bile ducts by gallstones, inflammation.
Pain under the left rib, that may radiate to the back, accompanied with nausea and vomiting, appearing after meal, can be due to pancreatitis.
There is a type of pancreatitis caused by gallstones blocking the part that is union of common bile duct and pancreatic duct.
So, you should be checked for gallstones, and performed laboratory tests for your pancreatic and liver functions.
I guess you suffer from acid reflux, too (as you said bits of bile come up).
If you are taking antacids to treat the acid reflux, check if the drug contains aluminum hydroxide, cause this substance can give your stool orange color.

Best wishes!
Marija
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....