Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Spleen Forum

pain under rib, left side. test tosee if it's my spleen?

User Profile
Hi, I have pain on my left side under the rib cage......and it often happens right after I exercise feels like a throbbing pain. Last year my doctor send me to have some texts done I had a ultrasound and everything was normal? When I have this pain I fell very bloated ? Can you please tell me if I need to do more or other texts to determine if is my spleen ?

Thank you

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion

User Profile
replied October 26th, 2012
Heart Disease and Heart Attack Answer A39880
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on the exact cause for your left upper abdominal pain that you describe without examining you and going ahead with further evaluation. Consider taking opinion from cardiologist to rule out cardiac issues and from gastroenterologist to rule out gastrointestinal issues if your symptoms have been persistent and/or not resolved with treatment from your GP. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be started to help you control the symptoms. Consider being in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/healthcare provider and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Got pain under your left side ribs? Is your left abdomen swollen or tender to touch? You might be dealing with a problem related to the spleen!...
Certain diseases can cause the spleen to swell to several times its normal size. Learn the signs and symptoms of spleen problems here....
An enlarged spleen is the result of an underlying disorder. What spleen disorders do doctors consider during diagnosis? What tests do they use?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Spleen , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.